Hospice Volunteer Opportunities in Arizona
Central to the effectiveness, growth, and impact of every hospice is the development of a viable and highly visible volunteer program.
Hospice volunteers are integral members of the Interdisciplinary Team. Volunteers provide emotional support and care which are crucial to cultivating relationships between Sage Hospice & Palliative Care, its patients, and their families.
Hospice volunteers must possess a long list of qualities such as compassion, a caring nature, a willingness to serve others, flexibility, good judgment, and dependability. Coupled with these wonderful strengths is the willingness to obtain specialized training in order to excel in serving the hospice community with excellence. We value training and ongoing support as volunteers bring tremendous joy and compassion to those on their end-of-life journey.
Volunteers at Sage Hospice serve for a variety of reasons, which may include:
- Providing care and compassion to patients with life-limiting illness
- Giving back to the community
- Honoring a loved one who was in hospice care
- Fulfilling volunteer or service learning hours for a degree program
- Gaining experience while considering a career change
What does volunteering look like?
Our most common volunteer opportunity at Sage Hospice is visiting patients in their home, group home, or care facility. However, we have many other opportunities available at Sage Hospice, including volunteers for:
- Administrative services
- Art therapy
- Community education
- Event planning
- Music therapy
- Patient caller
- Pet therapy
- Spiritual support
Support for You
As a Volunteer with Sage Hospice & Palliative Care, you will be provided with the following:
- Orientation to hospice services
- Volunteer training
- Volunteer Handbook and a list of resources to assist you on your volunteer journey
- Membership to the Hospice Volunteer Association
- Ongoing support by the Volunteer Coordinator as well as Interdisciplinary Team members
- Opportunities for in-service training on specialty topics
- Volunteer recognition events
Get Answers, Get Started
If you are interested in volunteering for Sage Hospice, please contact Shelly, our Volunteer Director, at 480-777-5117, or email ShelyF@SageHospice.org.
View our current opportunities at https://www.volunteermatch.org/search/org860960.jsp
You will make a beautiful difference!